Wondering how to make Spiralized Sweet & Spicy Fritters? This is one of the best Paleo recipes ever!
Just in time for the holidays! These spiralized sweet & spicy paleo fritters are a perfect side dish to your feast this year! Marshmallowed yams best move over, sweet potato is the star of this year’s table
**Spiralizing makes a distinct difference in taste for this recipe allowing the sweet potato to cook quickly and consistently in just a few minutes, while providing a delicious crunch factor. These fritters are a great addition to any holiday table, and double as a quick and convenient snack or breakfast hash-brown substitute!**
I was sent a Microplane Spiralizer to use to create a recipe (always full disclosure with y’all). It’s labelled as dishwasher safe and is small and convenient enough to keep in a drawer, which is a plus. Pictured below:
Going outside the directions on the side of the box which state “For use with zucchini, carrots, cucumber and radish” I threw in a sweet potato and apple!
Worked pretty well on the sweet potato and gave my wrist a little exercise! The apple was a different story…I washed and peeled, then put it through the bigger side whole…it sort of worked but needed some slicing once it got through a little. Luckily I just needed half the apple so it did the trick.
And measured out spoonfuls into some hot avocado oil in the frying pan:
I fried on 2-3 minutes on each side, careful with the temperature setting on your stove so as to not burn the fritters! The spiralized sweet potato cooked quick and perfect, and had an amazing crunch to it!
Served with some chipotle mayo or even a red hot spicy sauce on the side, these sweet & spicy paleo fritters are a delicious side dish and will be on our holiday feast table this year! Combining some favourite holiday flavours – the sweetness of apples, the fullness of sweet potatoes and the spiciness of cayenne pepper. Spiralizing lets the sweet potato cook quickly and gives these fritters an even & supreme crunch factor!
Keep thinking these would also be great with some cinnamon and pumpkin spice for a tasty dessert treat on the go!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 sweet potato, peeled & spiralized
- ½ medium apple, peeled & spiralized
- 1 large, organic egg
- 2 Tbsp Coconut or Almond flour
- 1 Tbsp cayenne pepper (or chili flakes)
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- Wash and peel the sweet potato and apple.
- Use Microplane spiralizer to spiralize the sweet potato and half the apple. *Don't cut the apple in half, just spiralize whole until half has gone through the spiralizer.
- Finely chop fresh parsley and measure out one tablespoon.
- In a bowl, combine the spiralized sweet potato and apple with the egg, flour, parsley, cayenne pepper and sea salt.
- Heat two tablespoons of avocado oil in a frying pan on medium-high temp.
- Using a tablespoon measure out a dollop of fritter mixture and place in pan over hot oil. Use the back of the spoon to flatten out.
- Fry on each side for 2-3 minutes on medium temperature.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Serve with chipotle mayo, thanksgiving gravy or a hot sauce.